Wow it's 2017 and this is my first post for the year. It may seem to some that I have not been doing much, but when I am at my quietest is when lots of things get done.
I finally finished quilting my Dear Jane quilt just before the end of 2016. Very happy with myself now that I have become one of the group to have actually finished this quilt.
I have decided to slowly work through all the hand quilting I have, and let me tell you l can hardly see over the pile...haha. First item is simple my Fussy cut Hexies, which is tending to be quilted circles, unless the material tells me something different, I am nearly finished.
I have also been crocheting a fair bit since the end of last year, seems to be a thing I have to get out of my system. So I made this afghan in blocks and crochet together as I went, love how nicely it went together. The second afghan I had in a bag at the back of the cupboard for I don't know how long. Most of it I pulled out and started again. Very happy how this one turned out as well.
This afghan is all hexagons, which I am partial to, it is all made from Tapestry Wool. The pattern is called African flower.
I have also made a few bags, very quick and easy.
I was very excited to finish my Christmas Wreath in time to hang on the front door. Inspiration taken from Attic 24, love her work.
Thursday, 29 September 2016
Finished the flower row all around. Now up to the next round, the triangles that create the star. Had some trouble finding the right stripe in this one, but I think I am happy. Also on the look out for some pale blue for the filler sections, not as easy as it sounds. May need a shopping trip...oh no...:-)
Tuesday, 13 September 2016
Yay finally added the last 2 rows and squared off this quilt. May put a blue border on to finish off. Then it's ready to add to the quilting pile. Excuse the picture this quilt needs ironing and still some papers left in around the edges.
Monday, 12 September 2016
It has been a while since my last post, but I have been very busy. I finished quilting La Pass and am very happy with the result. I quilted following the material where I could. The border was pieced and I quilted it with a big stitch and Perle 8 cotton. First time big stitch quilting and I don't think it will be the last. Finished quilting just in time to have the quilt hung at our annual exhibition, very exciting.
Friday, 15 July 2016
An update on Elenor Jean, just added the striped border and the beginning of the next flower border. Have been interviewing the next point, but having some trouble with some pale blue stripe. Might have to step back and consider the possibilities. It is getting quite large now, may not be able to drag the main part around with me much longer. I am still really enjoying this project.